Five Steps to Starting an Ecommerce Business
1) Choose your domain. Choose something easy to spell, easy to remember, and a name you could build a brand around. Also, try to incorporate a domain name that has a keyword in the name.
2) Have your site designed. This can take 4-5 weeks so plan accordingly. Choose a designer that fits your style. View the designers portfolio. Make sure she uses a cart that is easy to use and seo friendly.
3) Research vendors that fit your target market
4) Begin the contacting process
5) After your releationships are established start loading up your product
For additional help starting or building an ecommerce business contact http://www.pure-ecommerce.com.