Bring in the New Year by being a new internet business owner! This is a very exciting time to be an ecommerce business owner especially when you take a look at the numbers. Below we have outlined some key point to consider as you research the online retail industry. Ecommerce has been growing leaps and bounds! Let 2013 be the year you become an Internet Business owner with the help of the ecommerce profressional at Pure-Ecommerce.com.
Ecommerce Growth – Key Points to Consider
- According to the US Online Retailer Forecast, 2011 to 2016, by Forrester Research 15% more consumers will be shopping online within the next five years and they will be spending on average 44% more than in brick and mortar stores. From 167 million in 2011 to 192 million online shoppers by 2016.
- US Online Retail Forecast expects growth in the number of US consumers shopping online to rise from 167 million last year to 192 million by 2016.
- The average amount spent by each consumer is expected to rise from $1,207 per annum to $1,738.
- Consulting firm Booz & Company predicts the US online social network sales will grow by a heady 93% over the next half-decade with some $15 billion in revenues expected by 2015.
- Forrester Research also reports US consumer e-retail spending is expected to increase 62% by 2016.
- US Shoppers will spend $327 billion on online shopping in 2016, which is up 45% from $226 billion in 2012.
Record Breaking Statistics about Cyber Monday 2012
- Cyber Monday beat Black Friday sales by 36%. This means consumers are turning to the ease and convenience of online shopping.
- Cyber Monday shoppers prefer to use PCs and laptops to do their online shopping, while 18% used their mobile devices to browse online which actually increased by 70% since Cyber Monday 2011.
- Cyber Monday 2012 resulted in mobile device sales of 13% which grew by 96% compared to 2011.
Clearly consumers will drive e-commerce into the future, especially where e-retail is concerned. In just a few short years, spending will be more profitable than ever, with mobile and social venues allowing consumers to shop at their convenience. For retailers, this means all utilizing all these tools – social networking, website optimization, and marketing.
At Pure-Ecommerce we consult and train you how every aspect of setting up, running and marketing your online business. Visit us at www.pure-ecommerce.com to see our latest collection of sites and find out more about the exceptional services we have to offer you!