When naming your new internet business there are a few basic points to keep in mind.
- Your domain name is the starting point of your future brand you want to build. Therefore, choose a name you can envision a brand around.
- Does your URL express clearly what you will be selling? Don’t choose something that might be confusing or think about incorporating a strong byline.
- Make sure the name is easy to spell and easy to remember. If you were on the radio giving out your name to the thousands of listeners would they be able to remember that name once they get on their computer.
- Make sure you can buy the .net and .org version of the name you choose.
- Don’t choose a domain name that is too long. It is also a good idea to purchase the common misspellings of your domain name too.
- Stay away from hyphenated names. My company Pure-Ecommerce has a hyphen, but I own both names, PureEcommerce.com and Pure-Ecommerce.com. Plus I have both domain names
leading to my website.