Social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest allow ecommerce business owners the ability to build long-term relationships with their customers. Through social media you can engage your current and potential customers while offering them a unique shopping experience to learn more about the products you have to offer in your online store. Social media can help you create the environment you want to use to appeal a large target audience which makes social media an invaluable marketing and sales tool!
How the Past Can Help Predict the Future:
IBM’s Black Friday Report 2012 it was stated “US shoppers once again took advantage of early promotions this holiday season driving a 17.4 percent increase in online sales Thanksgiving Day. This increase set the stage for 20.7 percent growth on Black Friday. In later November 2012 IBM released a Cyber Monday Report reveling “Holiday shoppers turned Cyber Monday into the biggest spending day ever with online sales growing 20.2 percent over the same period last year”. These results can help support that 2013 will be another record year as the surge of social media is continuing.
How You Can Use Social Media to Promote Your Internet Business this Holiday Season:
Did you know there are ~2.8 billion internet users in the world? That is an astounding number when you that almost half of those users are on Facebook making it the number one social media channel. This means this one social media format can help you reach a mass amount of potential consumers anywhere in the world! Think to yourself….why not use your social media to promote your internet business this holiday season?
Start Branding Yourself Against Your Competition on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ by….
- Use your creativity to create highly visual content to encourage responses from your audience.
- Engage your customers – ask them questions, involve them by polling them or asking their opinion of a product; use call to action statements in your posts – “like” or “share”; encourage them to start talking about your products or website with their friends.
- Create a “holiday collection” of products you can promote. They need to be products that can be used during the holidays or given as gifts. These items will provide great inspiration to your followers. Promote the products that are unique, for instance, monogrammed, handmade, personalized and use those “buzz” words to your advantage!
- Offer followers coupon incentives, coupons, discount off their next purchase, free shipping or even host a fun contest to get people involved.
- Respond to your current customers to make them feel “special”. If you receive a new like, give that person a quick “welcome” to your page and ask if you can assist them. If they comment or share a post, be sure to thank them and interact with them. This will help make your existing followers feel unique and help other potential customers want to share their comments as well.
- The holidays are a great time to give back! Choose a charity in your area or nationally that you want to give back to and share a message about your opportunity to help someone in need this holiday season. You can even create a incentive for every purchase made a percentage will go to a certain charity. This will help customers feel like they are giving back too!
- Don’t forget to reinforce your advertising messages on all social media pages, your blog and email campaigns as well.
- That’s right – create a specific holiday inspired board on your business Pinterest page. By doing this you are not only providing great inspiration about the holiday season, but you are also giving them a sample of the great holiday products you offer in your online store.
- Remember to only pin specific products that pertain to that board.
- You can create more than one holiday inspired board if your online business offers a multitude of products suited for it. For instance, if you own a gift store, take this opportunity to pin holiday gifts for men, holiday gifts for women, etc.
- When creating your boards be sure to add a short, but compelling one-line description about your brand and products. This will give your visitors an idea of what your online store is all about!
- Don’t forget to add a description to the products you pin too. You will want your product pins to have a great picture, accompanied with information about the product – why they should pin that product, also invite them to pin the product and of course give them a link back to the product on your website.
- Be sure to create an atmosphere on your boards by pinning other relevant information you find on Pinterest and the internet including pictures, articles and other blogs. You will want to share information about your products, but supporting information that pertains to your board.
- You do not want to overwhelm or confuse your potential customers, therefore, it is best to prepare a list of products you want to promote during the holiday season.
- Don’t forget to “jazz” up your home page for the holidays. Feature holiday related products on your home page. Create content relevant to the season and of course entice your customers with your holiday sales on your site too!
- If you run a Facebook ad to promote a certain collection of products, be sure the ad should reach the correct landing page on your site and not just your home page. You do not want to distract or confuse customers – you want to engage and entice them!
Remember once the holiday season has passed it is a great opportunity for you to analyze what areas of your campaign worked and others you need to change up for next year. Don’t wait to start implementing these social media marketing techniques!
Pure-Ecommerce is an ecommerce consulting firm which assists budding ecommerce entrepreneurs the opportunity to bring their dreams of owning an internet business a reality. Let Pure-Ecommerce be your "key" to owning an internet business - go to www.Pure-Ecommerce.com to find out more on how we can help you step into the exciting ecommerce industry!