10 Compelling Reasons to Own a Pet Supply Business
Pure-Ecommerce has recognized for years the value of owning an online pet supply business. This niche target market has seen strong growth even through the recent recession. The pet industry forecast for 2014 and beyond is strong and forecasting growth! This industry is expected to continue the growth trend industry leaders have been tracking since 1994. Total U.S. pet industry expenditures have grown from $17 billion in 1994 to an estimated $55.33 billion in 2013 and expected to continue to grow 4% annually to $67.56 billion in 2018.
So what is driving these trends and why is the pet supply industry an excellent at home business opportunity? Here are ten compelling reasons to consider:
1. In 2014, pet expenditures are estimated to top $57 billion in the US alone.
2. According to the 2013-2014 APPA National Pet Owners Survey, in the US, 68% of households own a pet (that means 82.5 million homes). Pet ownership is projected to increase 2.2% through 2018. That is a huge market potential.
3. The trend of “pet parents” shows an increasing demand for premium pet products and services as pets are considered to be members of the household and consumers are indulging their pets.
4. As the economy continues to recover, consumers will have more discretionary income to spend as already evidenced over the past year. Pet owners have shown they are willing to spend money on their pets.
5. Upscale pet products will continue to increase in demand due to the ongoing trend of “pet parents.” As a small business you can cater your product offerings to meet this demand.
6. Consumers are looking for pet supplies on factors other than the lowest price. A return to small pet businesses is expected. Pet owners are looking for pet boutiques that cater to “pet parents” rather than big box stores.
7. It is not just the US experiencing growth in the pet industry but a worldwide event. The US and UK have long been strong pet markets but due to global humanization of pets, other countries are booming markets. An ecommerce business is not limited to US boundaries – you can market to the world.
8. Many upscale pet supply manufacturers are willing to drop ship their products directly to your customer so you have to carry no inventory. This decreases overhead and allows you more time to focus on running your business and building relationships with your “pet parent” customers.
9. Operating an online ecommerce business allows you the freedom to work from anywhere in the world and you can determine your own work schedule which means you can say goodbye to the 9-5.
10. Owning your own internet business that caters to the pet supply market means you are your own boss and in charge of your own future! If you’re passionate about pets, this can be an exciting opportunity for you.
Pure-Ecommerce offers ready to go pet supply businesses for sale. If you’re ready to stop dreaming about owning your own business and ready to make it a reality, contact us to set up a call and get more information about one of our pet supply businesses in a box. We’ll help you find your key to ecommerce success.
Go to www.Pure-Ecommerce.com to see our complete collection of internet business opportunities!